Sea News Weekly Bulletin

Title: Sea News Weekly Bulletin
Weekly News Update from Sea News
Digital Magazine available online now Can't see images? Click here...

Shipping - Ports - Technology - Reforms & Regulations - Environment - Features - Jobs

To Advertise in our Newsletter, Online, or Magazine

Advertise either online, in our newsletter or in our next magazine which will feature IoT, Robotics, Autonomous and other technologies. It easy and just a click away.

This Weeks Features

Container Volumes continue to Grow despite weaker Global GDP

Alphaliner: Global container port throughput is still expected to grow by 2.5% in 2019 despite rising trade tensions and weaker global GDP growth.

  • Total throughput grew by an estimated 2.8% globally in the second quarter of 2019, rising marginally from 2.7% in the first quarter.

Read More

What is spoofing and how to ensure GPS security?

As technological advances make GPS/GNSS* devices more affordable, our lives are becoming increasingly dependent on precise positioning and timing. Industries such as survey, construction and logistics rely on precise positioning for automation, efficiency and safety. GNSS time provides the pulsating heartbeat for the backbone of our industry by synchronizing telecom networks, banks and the power grid.

Read More

Zero-Emission Waterborne Transport

In 2018, 134 million tons of CO2 or 13% of the total EU transport emissions were emitted by ships visiting European ports. On a global scale, shipping counts for 2 to 3% of total GHG emissions. If shipping would be a country, it would be the 6th biggest GHG emitter in the world. If no actions are taken, emissions from ships are expected to increase even further, up to 250% by 2050.

Read More

Seafarers’ Virtual reality training, now a reality in the UK

With an estimated USD 775 bn worth of exports in 2018, cars represent the world’s number three exported product by value, trailing only crude oil and refined petroleum oils.

Given this, one would think the vehicle carrier market is booming however this is not the case…

Read More

News Stories for this week click through to read more

Zero-Emissions Equipment Deployed to Port Terminals

Cruise Ship Interiors Expo Europe provides industry-leading agenda

Pangaea Logistics announces Order of two additional High Ice Class Ships

Pangaea Logistics announces Order of two additional High Ice Class Ships

Nippon Paint Marine adds Product Tank Protection to NOA Range

Bulk Carrier AFRICAN CARDINAL Delivered

A note on GDPR compliance.You may unsubscribe (link below) from this mailing list at any time and your details will be removed from our database. Your email address will never be sold or given to any third parties or used for any purpose other than for Sea News' own purposes.

Trade Journals Limited

6 Oakley Avenue,

London, IG11 9JD

+44 0203 302 0097